Monday, January 25, 2010

Art Journal January Day 24


Day 24- hand carved stamps
I started with a bunch of stamped images from a stamp I carved, and stamped with different colors of StazOn inks. I then added the magazine clipping, and then I stamped the wings (another hand carved stamp) I used my reverse stamp so the I could have them going different directions. Next i took a piece of punchinella (sequin scrap) and laid it down, and smeared some artist cement through the holes, and then removed the punchinella. It left the nicest little white dots. I took some swabs and dipped then in alcohol inks (stream and wild plum) then smeared them on the artist cement dots. Then I took a charcoal pencil and blended it with a smudge stick, around the girl. I did some distressing around the outside with distress ink. Lastly I stamped the text lines across her front, and did some more journaling about what art journaling means to me.

No comments: