Monday, January 25, 2010

Art Journal January Day 22

9 days left, I think I will actually make it. This has been a rewarding experience, and I hope that it will help me to continue with my art journaling, and to take the time when I feel inspired to create. Not worrying if my studio is clean, or my supplies are unpacked. Just create with what you have on hand, and make it from the soul.

Day 22- layered transfers.
Sounds easy enough- HA HA! I think I started over 3 times, and finally decided that whatever came out on the last one, I was going to work with it no matter what.
Something to remember- the dark colors make it impossible to see the fine details of transfers that are on top of them. Keeping it simple this time, I didn't get as many layers as I had planned, but at least I had something to work with.
Definitely a thin coat of gel medium, and a lot of pressure. It is a touchy sort of thing.
After I got the transfers done, I decided to make it messy with some border stamps, bird stamps and a saying.
I muted the border stamps with some gesso, and added some alcohol ink smears for backgrounds, and some watercolor crayons for a little extra color.
Lastly I added some outlines to help the small flower transfers pop.

No comments: