Saturday, January 16, 2010

Art Journal January Day 15

Half way through the month! This has been a really enjoyable experience so far. I have filled up one journal and am starting on another one.
Day 15 was to use an image of an arm from the hand to the elbow.
My journal wasn't quite big enough to trace my whole arm, but it was almost half way there.
(I tried)
I chose to trace my hand in a reaching pose, so that I could have it grasp a big star. I chose the star image to help me to remember that I am going to shine. If you read my pages earlier, my word for the year is "Shine".
I took pictures before I finished completely, so the words that are not on the page in the photo, are:
"Shine like the star you are"
(It is written at the bottom of the page.)

I used a sharpie marker for the tracing, the words and a fine line for the outline of all the stars.
I then colored the stars and the curtain at the top with Caran D'Ache watercolor pencils. I lightly colored the background with them as well.

No comments: