Saturday, January 3, 2009

Art Journal January DAY 1

Saying goodbye 2008-
HELLO 2009!
I loved this prompt, as it gave me a chance to think about what I needed to make closure with in my life, and what I needed to make decisions about for my life starting now.
I don't make "resolutions" so to speak.
I do think that the beginning of the year is a nice time to make a good start. It does have a sense of cleansing, but at any point in our lives we can make decisions to change our lives.
I chose at this time of year to write down some personal thoughts about my life and feelings that have weighed me down over the past year or longer, that I will be leaving behind.
Then I wrote down the things that I will be doing to change my life. How I will feel more centered and able to be a better me. I chose to write these things down behind the doors, because these are my personal thoughts. This will also help me to return to my thoughts later if I feel I am loosing myself.

No comments: