Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Compassion

The new word for this week is Compassion and the challenge is to use stitching in your art journal page somewhere.
I started by painting a rose with my Pan Pastels, then I stitched around my painting with some lovely soft blue fibers. Next I tore some handmade paper scraps and adhered them to my journal page in a random fashion, to make a background.
Then I glued my rose painting on three sides leaving the top open as a pocket, and decorated a tag with distress ink and gesso. I then journaled on the tag and tucked it in the pocket I made with my rose painting.
It was a fun page to put together, and I had fun getting out my Pan Pastels again. They are so soft and smooth, and great to work with.

 Close-up of the rose.

 Close-up of the tag/pocket.

No comments: