Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hope

Word and challenge number 2 has been posted, and the word is HOPE, the challenge is to use some kind of a stencil in your work.
I quite enjoyed getting out my stencils and making lovely flourishes with gesso and then again with spray inks. The gesso is a subtle textural element where the spray ink almost looks like a stamped image on top of the words.


 This image shows some of my journaling that wraps around my blue bird.
A close up of the bird and the magazine clippings I used as a banner.

 A close up of the word HOPE and the subtle gesso texture behind it.

1 comment:

Birgit said...

Hi Letha,

Your hope bird is lovely!

It's OWOH time again! Why don't you hop over to my blog and leave a comment on my OWOH post if you happen to like my prize? I still adore the stickers you sent me -- thanks again!

Hugs,
Birgit