Monday, March 10, 2008

My Header Art

This is a collage that I made in the late fall of 2007 for a calendar submission for the yahoo group Paper Traders. I had so much fun cutting out photos of flowers from magazine articles, and pasting them down onto a flowered scrapbook paper. Then I used a clear gel medium to decopage over the images. I then cut out some victorian scrap of flower fairies, and started tucking them here, there and everywhere amongst all the flowers. I finally added a large orange silk flower with a decorative brad as the center, then I tucked a couple more fairies in amongst the petals of the silk flower. It was such a fun project. The calendar can be purchased from Cafe Press until the 2009 calendar is produced. Below is a full picture of my original art.

No comments: